Tuesday, February 16, 2010

There Was An Old Lady Who.....

I had a set of homemade felt board figures for the story There Was An Old Lady Who, from my teaching days. I pulled them out for the first time with my girls the other day. I went through the story with them and they listened so intently. They enjoyed the parts as I added each animal figure to the ever increasing visual list on the board. To take this story to the next level. I had the H and B draw their favorite part about the story and then tell me the story in their own words (very amusing). We had great fun with this. B told her dad about the story today and remembered the whole list of animals--we did this story over 6 days ago. I was impressed with her memory of the story and her excitement for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment