Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hhhhmmm, God Sees It Differently--Answer From Above

God is a God of wonder. I had a vision set before me to collect Hati relief kits. This was to be set up for children to do with their parents, as a hands on approach to helping someone in need. For a few weeks the children were read a book, that I created, about the catastophe in Haiti. They colored pictures about Haiti, to familiarize themselves with a people of another culture. The response was slow, but none the less a few kits were collected. I felt very discouraged. I had a vision of enourmous response and enthusiasm, hhhhmmm, God saw it differently. I then was led to pose this idea to another church, once again the response was luke warm. I didn't not want to head the campaign up, but others had duties they already needed to fulfill. Hhhhhhmmmm, God saw it differently. I organized the campaign, in the midst of the other campaign. I am still collecting some kits to date. The response still is not what I thought God had called me to organize. Hhhhhmmmmm, God saw it differently. I just received an email earlier to let me know how my efforts have influenced others. There is a ripple effect going on in the midst of my discouragment that I didn't even know about. As some women's groups are hearing about what I am doing with the Children's Ministry, they are collecting and campaigning on their own. Some are now taking it to larger groups with in their church and possibly into their local communities as well. Hhhhhmmm God sees it differently!!! What a suprise blessing! God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment