Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Food Pyramid

My Food Pyramid
This was one of those activities that took on a mind of its own. We were discussing the food pyramid and the girls were coloring the different food categories on another sheet of paper. As they were doing this, I started forming a book idea in my mind. So they created their own food pyramid books. They each labeled the corresponding colored book page to the colored food pyramid category. The girls then took (whatever I could find) newspaper ads and started cutting away. They glued their findings to the labeled pages and ENJOYED every minute of this semi-spontaneous activity. We implement this new found knowledge at dinner and other eating times. They have fun trying to figure out what food categories they are eating from.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment