Monday, September 27, 2010

Magnetic Painting

We adventured into the world of magnets. This was part of that unit. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate art and the theme of magnets and this is what I came up with. We used a plastic tray, which I use quite often for individual space during some activities, we have a magnet set with some magnetic wands, a magnet, and some paint. I set the tray on four cans so the children could put the magnetic wand under the plastic tray. It raised the tray high enough to manouver the wand, but was not unstable. We dripped some paint, they chose the colors, unto the paper, put the magnet in the paint. They guided the magnet by moving the wand under the tray and the magic began. They were mezmerized as to how they were painting. All three of my girls REALLY enjoyed doing this, even the two year old.

1 comment: