Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exhaustion

Everything seems to be starting at once. Today was my middle daughter's preschool orientation, which I had to bring four children along for the 'ride'. I started watching a little one two days a week, which also started this week. The day overall went well, but now the pure exhaustion of the day is setting in. I haven't even thought about dinner yet!! And I am fighting my eyelids from shutting for more than a quick blink, because this fatigued body will end up on the floor sleeping.
Next week, my daughter actually begins her preschool journey and I start back to my part time job, all in the same day. This is in the midst of homeschooling and babysitting. Not to mention my everyday job of taking care of my own children and keep a house semi clean and functional. I don't want sympathy here, I am just venting is all. I am blessed with a great family and wonderful husband, which makes life a little easier. I just need to remember that I am not super woman nor will I ever be. I just need to do what I can when I can--wow if I could only take my own words and put them into action life would be a whole lot easier.
I feel like this short lived homeschool journey is taking on a 'worksheet' only approach, which in my mind is the farthest thing from how I wanted this to evolve. My daughter loves them and in the chaos of live right now, that is how I feel I am at least helping her learn. We did make homemade banana muffins for her science/math/pure fun activity. She measured all the ingredients and mixed everything together. She even filled a tray of muffin tins. The house smelled delightful and it was perfect timing for our afternoon snack.
Signing off now to go figure out what to make this family for dinner, before I head off to work some hours for my part time job, which hasn't officially started yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment