Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Unknown, Unplanned, and UnSchooled Journey

Well it's official, we are starting our homeschooling journey. Today I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as I try to navigate in my head all of the things that should occur, might occur, and won't occur.
The homeschool world out there seems overwhelming and frightening today. The more I am pulled into complete unschooling, the stronger my sense of knowing what to do and how to do it, slithers away.
The journey fascinates me, yet mocks me in my face. I am excited, yet petrified. I know what I am doing, yet I know nothing. All I know is God has called my family to do this and He will guide me through the process. This is alot easier to type and read than to apply and believe.
I really am excited to have started this process. The memories to come, the knowledge to be attained, and the freedom to explore are so enticing its almost intoxicating. I probably will never pick one style completely. At this point, Unschooling will be our base, with project approach and some others mixed in. I feel I need to get not just my feet wet in this process, but completely and utterly soaked in the fullness of what it all entails to be a homeschool mom.
Well girls, hold on tight the rides about to start----wwwwhhhheeee!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment